Monday 25 August 2014

Sunset Boulevard

Leaving Shediac we travelled east along the last few kilometres of New Brunswick and headed for Highway 6 and the Sunrise Trail.
 

Soon we entered Nova Scotia and, as we were on a minor road, there was no 'welcome' sign. We improvised at the next tourist office.
 

Oh Bonnie New Scotland! Scots have settled in this part of the world since 1622 and endured many hardships to establish Nova Scotia. It's just like being back home - they have signs in Gaelic and nobody understands them here either!

The coastal views were lovely. Well they would be - it's new Scotland after all!
 

We arrived at a campsite called 'Sunset View'. As I handed over our $30 I asked 'do we get our money back if we don't get a sunset?' 'Absolutely' he replied. So we set up our tent at a suitable spot and I sat hoping for rain. Oh I was so disappointed.
 




Then, as sure as day follows night, the sun rose in the morning.
 


'Quick pack up and let's go' I shouted to Susan. 'I'm not paying extra for a sunrise!' 
Well, I am a Scot after all!

We have now reached New Glasgow and I must admit I'm a bit disappointed. How can it be New Glasgow? - I've been here four hours and I still haven't seen a single person wearing a shell suit! 

6,999km to date.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw that same photo of the sunrise on a post card in Quebec...! (...Just kidding!)
    Actually, the top photo of the sunrise is totally awesome! After seeing it, I decided to throw out our $900 Nikon digital SLR and getting one of those cheap miniature cameras like you folks have! Thanks for sharing your trip and photos..!! It was great to meet you on the road in Quebec. Stay well, and keep adventuring...life is too short to stay home! Dan & Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It's not the camera that's the key - it's the photographer. You can't buy talent :) Oh and we absolutely agree - life is too short to stay at home. Long live the adventure.

      Delete